Welcome to Our Workshop Website!
The design of civic tech is often confronted with impediments, barriers, and a lack of resources. These and other causes may lead to the discontinuation and even abandonment of initiatives. Since seemingly failed projects are much more difficult to publish as articles, this workshop will provide academics and practitioners with a rare opportunity to exchange experiences and insights on discontinued civic tech initiatives. The goal of the workshop is to develop a better understanding of why some civic tech initiatives fail and ask whether discontinued initiatives may still somehow contribute to social change and the growth of digital civics. A variety of sub-questions around discontinued civic tech will be addressed in the workshop, including matters of participation, citizen science, public management, power structures and biases, and communication.
Read the full call here.
Thank you for participating in our workshop!
More photos can be found here.
- Thank you for participating in our workshop! [29 April 2023]
- Position statements from some of the organizers are now available! [24 April 2023]
- Read submissions! We updated the workshop participants list. [16 March 2023]
- Thank you for your submissions! [02 March 2023]
- Submissions will be accepted by March 1st! [23 February 2023]
- Workshop abstract paper is now available for download! [04 January 2023]
- Save the date! Our workshop will be held on April 28th, 2023 [22 December 2022]
- Call for Participation is out! [15 December 2022]
- Tentative site is open! [08 October 2022]